Pages

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas Knitting

I finished another felted bowler hat this morning. I hope it will work for the recipient. I left it in the washer longer than I had planned (distracted with Facebook, I'm afraid) and it shrunk a wee to much. I stretched it and worked quite a bit with it in the blocking phase, so I think I saved it. I'll let you know.

I started another mitred square vest, but lost count about 8 rows into it. I frogged it and decided that I needed to take a break from knitting for the rest of the day.

I still have quite a list to go:
  • Vest
  • Ruffled hat
  • Bunny Blanket Buddy (although I think it'll be a puppy instead)
  • 3 pair of fingerless mitts
  • Pillow cover
  • Afghan (mostly done - just about 12 inches more to go)
  • Man's hat

How many more days are there before Christmas?

Now on to a non-Christmas item -- I finished the "Vomit Socks" last night and loved them so much that I wore them to bed! They turned out very cute and they are the perfect color to wear with my tan mary-jane Skechers. Today I wore them out shopping and to the Opryland Hotel to see the Christmas lights. I think they really enjoyed their first outing! :)

1 comment:

magnoliasntea said...

Uh oh, bloglines didn't tell me about this post..grr.

Well anyways, I hope you got all your gift knitting finished on time. Can't wait to see pictures.

I love skechers, too. I have three pairs and each have their favorite socks. Aren't you glad your daughter didn't like those v-socks. Cool. ;)

Oh, and Happy New Year!