Pages

Monday, November 19, 2007

Yarn snobs

This topic has bothered me a bit lately. Well, it doesn't keep me up nights or anything, but . . .

Is it just me or does anyone else out there have a problem with yarn snobs? You know the type, those knitters who will stop and ask with interest about what you're working on. They can really be impressed with whatever the project until you tell them that the yarn you are using is something you picked up at a craft store or (heaven forbid) a big box store. That's when their noses turn up ever so slightly, their eyes glaze over, and they make a hasty retreat, escaping from that lesser fiber as if it were the plague!

It's just YARN, ladies! (and gentlemen)

Get over it, get on with it, and let's just knit.

Can't we all just knit along? OK, you can roll your eyes now.

2 comments:

Elle said...

AMEN woman!

magnoliasntea said...

Here, here!
I thinks you have it in perspective.

When I hear the snob word connected with yarn I just want to pinch someone's ear off.